Equality and Diversity Statement
We are committed to equality and to providing a service and following practices which are free from unfair and unlawful discrimination.
We value people as individuals with diverse opinions, cultures, lifestyles and circumstances.
We are committed to providing services to which all clients are entitled regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, offending past, caring responsibilities or social class.
Our services are delivered equally and meet the diverse needs of our service users and clients by assessing and meeting the diverse needs of our clients.
- ensure that people of all ages are treated with respect and dignity
- challenge discriminatory assumptions about younger and older people
- provide any reasonable adjustments to ensure disabled people have access to our services
- challenge racism wherever it occurs
- respond swiftly and sensitively to racists incidents
- actively promote race equality across our business
- challenge discriminatory assumptions about women and men
- take positive action to redress the negative effects of discrimination against women and men
- ensure that we take account of the needs of lesbians, gay men and bisexuals
- promote positive images of lesbians, gay men and bisexuals
Religion or belief
- respect people’s beliefs where the expression of those beliefs does not impinge on the legitimate rights of others
Pregnancy or maternity
- ensure that people are treated with respect and dignity and that a positive image is promoted regardless of pregnancy or maternity
Marriage or civil partnership
- ensure that people are treated with respect and dignity and that a positive image is promoted regardless of marriage or civil partnership
- challenge discriminatory assumptions about the marriage or civil partnership