As a purpose driven business, our values are such an important part of who we are and what we do.
- We act with integrity at all times
- We respect our planet and all that live on it
- We promote collaboration over competition
- We are open and honest in our communication
- We embrace change, new ideas and approaches
- We are continuously learning and improving
- We empower our clients and community, giving them the confidence and support they need to thrive
We are passionate about upholding not only our responsibility for our business activities but also the environmental impact of the events and weddings we run. We are committed to taking meaningful action everyday to play our part in protecting our planet.
We are committed to being carbon neutral in our operations and consider sustainability in every aspect of our operations. We have set a target of being Net Zero by 2030.
Restoring our planet together
We are committed to restoring our planet and protecting biodiversity. We recognise that no one is perfect and that we have work to do to become carbon neutral. So whilst we’re working on reducing our emissions, we will be offsetting every month through tree planting and carbon offsetting projects across the world. We also offset any business based carbon annually.
Fusion Events and Weddings recognise that businesses can have a negative impact on the environment. We are committed, and enjoy, finding ways in which we can reduce the impact of our work both in the office and onsite at events and weddings.
It is our policy to:
- Reduce, reuse and recycle our waste, sending only unavoidable items to landfill. Update: We are proud as a business to have sent zero waste to landfill in 2021, and will continue this in the years to come
- Avoid the use of paper wherever possible. All invoices, contracts and quotes are sent via email as PDF files and we ask clients to return them electronically too
- Recycle equipment that is no longer of use to the company. We donate items to local community groups and charities that are no longer in use
- Keep energy usage low. Making use of low energy light bulbs in our office, and ensuring that electronics are turned off when not in use
- Use a sustainable, renewable and ethical responsible energy supplier, with the aim for all energy used in our office to be from 100% renewable sources.
- Reuse waste paper where possible, making use of the blank side for notes etc.
- Purchase products made with recycled materials rather than new. All purchased products are considered and where possible, sourced from an ethical and sustainable supplier
- Use low impact, plant-based cleaning products in the office and onsite
- Use low impact transport for business travel. Update: We travel to and from meetings and events in a hybrid vehicle and offset any mileage done using the petrol element of the vehicle
- Avoid unnecessary travel by making use of video calls and conferencing, telephone and email. When using video conferencing software we consider the ethical merits of the provider
- Offset any unavoidable emissions by planting trees and investing in carbon capture projects in the UK and worldwide
We are continuously updating and improving our sustainability knowledge and will update our policy to reflect the changes in the business on a regular basis. If you have any questions regarding our sustainability policy, please get in touch.
Updated February 2022
Proud to be a Sustainable Wedding Alliance Member
The Sustainable Wedding Alliance is a network of ethical, environmentally conscious businesses in the wedding industry, all working to be more sustainable. The Alliance has helped us to understand where we need to do more and supported us with training and knowledge building. In addition the supportive, friendly and inclusive community of member businesses has grown our supplier connections and opened up so many new possibilities for our conscious couples.
We stand alongside them in pushing for sustainable change in the wedding industry.