As a purpose driven business, our values are such an important part of who we are and what we do.
- We act with integrity at all times
- We respect our planet and all that live on it
- We promote collaboration over competition
- We are open and honest in our communication
- We embrace change, new ideas and approaches
- We are continuously learning and improving
- We empower our clients and community, giving them the confidence and support they need to thrive
We are passionate about upholding not only our responsibility for our business activities but also the environmental impact of the events and weddings we run. We are committed to taking meaningful action everyday to play our part in protecting our planet.
We are committed to being carbon neutral in our operations and consider sustainability in every aspect of our operations. We have set a target for our business to be Net Zero by 2030.
We use Ecologi Zero to calculate our business carbon footprint. In 2021 our carbon emissions were 5.91 tCO2e, and in 2022 it was 3.31 tCO2e. The largest element of our emissions come from our Scope 3 which we are working with our supply chain to reduce.
In addition to our net zero pledge, we are committed to ensuring that our public communications and any engagement or lobbying that we participate in directly or through trade associations will be aligned with our net zero ambitions at a local, industry or national level.
Restoring our planet together
We are committed to restoring our planet and protecting biodiversity. We recognise that no one is perfect and that we have work to do to become carbon neutral. So whilst we are working on reducing our emissions, we will be investing in verified carbon avoidance projects through Ecologi every month. In addition we will continue to plant trees to build global biodiversity.
Healthy trees sequester CO2, making them climate champions from the moment they’re planted. They also help to restore healthy ecosystems, sequestering and storing even more carbon in soils and plant biomass, as well as boosting biodiversity.
Reforestation projects provide co-benefits for local people which can promote employment, gender equality, new income streams, more diverse food sources to support a healthier diet, and improved community facilities.
Ecologi only supports responsible tree planting. This means supporting community-led projects where ecologically appropriate species are planted at the right place and time, and where trees are guarded from natural and man-made threats.
Importantly, while trees are a wonderful climate solution, the carbon absorbed by our trees is not taken into account as carbon avoidance at Ecologi.
Fusion Events and Weddings recognise that businesses can have a negative impact on the environment. We are committed, and enjoy, finding ways in which we can reduce the impact of our work both in the office and onsite at events and weddings.
It is our policy to:
- Reduce, reuse and recycle our waste, sending only unavoidable items to landfill from our business operation. Update: We are proud as a business to have sent zero waste to landfill in 2021 and 2022 and will continue this in the years to come.
- Avoid the use of paper wherever possible. All invoices, contracts and quotes are sent via email as PDF files and we ask clients to return them electronically too.
- Reuse waste paper where possible, making use of the blank side for notes etc.
- Recycle equipment that is no longer of use to the company. We donate items to local community groups and charities that are no longer in use.
- Keep energy usage low. Making use of low energy light bulbs in our office, and ensuring that electronics are turned off when not in use.
- Use a sustainable, renewable and ethical responsible energy supplier, with the aim for all energy used in our office to be from 100% renewable sources. Update: Installed solar panel on home office in February 2023.
- Upgrade glazing in office to reduce heat loss during winter months.
- Audit supply chain by end 2023 to ensure all suppliers are aligned with sustainable ethos.
- Purchase products made with recycled materials rather than new. All purchased products are considered and where possible with the waste hierarchy in mind, sourced from an ethical and sustainable supplier.
- Use low impact, plant-based cleaning products in the office and onsite.
- Use low impact transport for business travel, opting for public transport where possible. Update: We travel to and from meetings and events in a hybrid vehicle and offset any mileage done using the petrol element of the vehicle with the aim of moving to a fully electric vehicle by 2025.
- Avoid unnecessary travel by making use of video calls and conferencing, telephone and email. When using video conferencing software we consider the ethical merits of the provider.
- Conserve water and collect rain water for watering office plants and cleaning.
- Offset any unavoidable emissions by investing in carbon capture projects and reforestation in the UK and worldwide.
We are continuously updating and improving our sustainability knowledge and will update our policy to reflect the changes in the business on a regular basis. If you have any questions regarding our sustainability policy, please get in touch.
Updated May 2023
Proud to be a Sustainable Wedding Alliance Member
The Sustainable Wedding Alliance is a network of ethical, environmentally conscious businesses in the wedding industry, all working to be more sustainable. The Alliance has helped us to understand where we need to do more and supported us with training and knowledge building. In addition the supportive, friendly and inclusive community of member businesses has grown our supplier connections and opened up so many new possibilities for our conscious couples.
We stand alongside them in pushing for sustainable change in the wedding industry.