Proud to be… professional member of the UKAWP
But what is the UKAWP? The UK Alliance of Wedding Planners, is the leading industry body for the UK wedding industry. A trusted resource for accessing the best wedding planners and suppliers for your wedding.
What is the UKAWP?
The UKAWP was formed in 2004 by Bernadette Chapman, to promote professionalism within the UK wedding industry.
If you’re a couple planning your wedding, them the UKAWP is a great place to start your planning journey. Their membership directory includes the best wedding planners and suppliers across Europe. Members must meet the highest standards of excellence and professionalism.
What they stand for
The UKAWP are passionate about promoting businesses within the wedding industry that hold the same values.
- Professionalism – We conduct our business with professionalism at all times, and expect nothing less from our members.
- Community – We believe that there is room within the industry for everyone to thrive, as such we promote community over competition because together we are stronger.
- Diversity – We believe that the wedding industry should reflect the diverse world that we live in and that suppliers should embrace these differences within their business. By being actively inclusive of all the couples they serve.
- Honesty – – This is the backbone of our business and we expect nothing less of our members in every area of their business.
- Integrity – – We believe that all businesses within the wedding industry should consistently hold themselves to a high moral standard and consistently operate in accordance with their values.
- Respect- We believe in the principle of treating couples and businesses with the utmost respect and kindness at all times.
All members apply to be part of the UKAWP and are scored against a strict set of criteria. They must also abide by the code of business practice. Membership is based on high standards, suppliers can’t simply ‘pay to be listed’. We understand how important each wedding is and believe all involved have a duty to act with honesty and integrity.
“Whether you are a bride, groom, planner, wedding supplier or journalist, we’re here to help” UKAWP